If you’re looking to add a dump truck to your fleet, you’ve come to the right place! American Capital Group can provide financing for your next new or used dump truck. But what kind of dump truck is right for you? Below we briefly explain 9 types of dump trucks:
1. Standard dump truck– What you think of when you think dump truck, if it were an ice cream flavor it would be good-old vanilla.
2. Super dump truck– Features 4-7 axels and capable of carrying large loads.
3. Articulated dump truck– Includes a hinge between the cab and dump box, allowing for use in rough terrain.
4. Transfer dump truck– A standard dump truck with a trailer in tow.
5. Dump truck and pup– Similar to a transfer dump, but the trailer has its own hydraulic ram, making it capable of stand-alone dumping.
6. Side dump truck– A three-axle truck pulling a two-axle trailer.
7. Semi-trailer end dump truck– A side dump truck where the two-axle trailer has its own hydraulic hoist.
8. Semi-trailer bottom dump truck– Similar to the semi-trailer end dump truck where the dump feature is a clam shell dump gate in the center bottom of the trailer.
9. Double and triple trailer bottom dump truck– Consists of a two-axle tractor pulling a single-axle semi-trailer and one or two full trailers.
Now that you know a little more about types of dump trucks, you’re ready to make a purchase. Once you’ve found the perfect dump truck for you, we can help you lease it. Give us a call at (877) 814-6871, to speak to one of our friendly representatives about how to get started.